Guidelines for Authors
Journal of Library and Information Science in Agriculture is an academic journal administered by the Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China and sponsored by the Agricultural Information Institute of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences. It was started in 1984 and published both domestically and abroad. It changed its name officially in 2020 from Agricultural Library and Information to Journal of Library and Information Science in Agriculture with ISSN 1002-1248 and CN10-1680/G2. The journal aims at reporting new theories, new technologies, and new methods in the field of library and information science (LIS) from home and abroad and new application in the agricultural field, as well as promoting the development of the discipline of LIS. The journal focuses on tracking and reporting the latest technologies and methods and the best practice in the LIS field. As the only journal in the LIS field domestically and abroad which combines LIS with agriculture, the journal is characterized by its agricultural feature and focus on the LIS field, filling the gap in academic studies in special libraries. Thus, we strive to make the journal an advanced academic communication platform with an international perspective.
Authors are welcome to submit to the journal. Please be careful with the following items.
An optional research article manuscript template can be downloaded here. All submitted manuscripts will be screened by using AMLC system powered by CNKI. Text copy ratio should be lower than 10%.
All manuscripts should be organized into the following sections:
1.2 Authors’ names and affiliations
The abstract should be a complete report of no less than 300 words. It is at least conceptually divided into the following three parts: Purpose/significance, Method/process, and Result/conclusions.
A short list of keywords should be from the title, abstract or introduction to reflect the content of the article for indexing purpose.
1.5 The body of the article（No less than 8,000 words）
(1) Introduction: Briefly explain the main scientific problem to be solved in this study, including concept, scope, research significance, etc.
(2) Literature Review: The purpose is to understand the progress both at home and abroad, and to illustrate the innovation of the paper.
(3) Research Design: The purpose is to explain the research questions, hypotheses, methods, processes and theories on which this study is based.
(4) Findings: The academic achievements should be presented objectively through charts and factual data.
(5) Discussions: Please describe whether the expectations have been achieved. Besides, please analyze the research deficiencies, innovations and prospects.
(6) Conclusions：The following items should be clearly stated: conclusions, theoretical or practical significance, limitations and suggestions for further investigation.
All citations in the article must be listed in the references. It is not recommended to cite unpublished achievements or academic exchanges. The format of references should be consistent with GB-T 7714-2005 or GB-T 7714-2015.
1.7 Funding Statement
Please state how the research was funded, by naming financially supporting body(s) followed by grant number(s).
1.8 Brief introduction of authors
A brief introduction and ORCID should be provided by all authors and the corresponding author also needs to provide an email address.
2 Article Processing Charge
Journal of Library and Information Science in Agriculture will levy RMB 150 per thousand words for the article processing charge，and up to RMB 5,000 per article. If the author does not have the funding to pay the fee, he or she may apply to the editorial department for waive or discount.
3 Journal Sections
Review engaged by special arrangement